Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Bed

Remember this little piece?


Well, you should see her now......




 Initially, I was going to simply paint her white, then distress her by removing parts of the paint, (like I did with the dresser on the left). The only problem was, I was afraid the puke green would still show through. My mom has been glazing the pieces she has redone and they have all turned out really nice, but I was skeptical, and scared.




 After I painted this white, I was very content, and actually didnt touch the piece for about a week. But, deep down inside, I knew it needed something more.




 I had already purchased the glazing/ antiquing items weeks earlier, so they were already on hand... It was just a matter of finally doing it.




 Once I started, I actually liked the look. A little here, a little there..... and I was constantly wiping and smearing with a clean, wet rag. The entire process took about 10 minutes. (Which was the best part.)




 I am very happy with how she turned out. Hard to imagine what she looked like before! And the best part, is my guest room is finally looking like a guest room! At least until these items sell.... :) Speaking of, be sure to check out the link to my new "For Sale" page at the top! Please help me get this business up and running so my husband will let me keep buying new furniture to restore!!



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful makeover you did here...looks outstanding! Happy Fall!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bedroom set, you did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete