Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

14 Hours and $56 Later..

This past weekend Blake, the puppies and I loaded up in the car and headed south to Florida for the weekend to visit family and friends. It was a quick trip, but action packed for sure. We spent Friday afternoon outside enjoying the weather. While Blake prepared to hunt the next day, Copper and Sadie played with the other furry girls in the yard, and I rested quietly on the swing. Before I knew it, Mom was home and our weekend began. We had already planned to spend Saturday Junking, but we did not anticipate it starting early! We found a few items outside of a house that they were giving away for FREE!! My mom had said about a hundred times she was looking for a French Provencal dresser..and they had one.. for free!! They even let us go inside to find an ornate cabinet, matching wall unit, and a piano. (We did not take the wall unit or piano....but we should have!!)

We were up and at'em bright and early Saturday stopping at tons of garage sales. As the morning grew later, we transitioned into thrift stores and second hand furniture stores. We ended with our first auction.. where we were scolded for having fun! Check out all our loot!! 1 dresser, 1 cabinet, 2 chairs, 79 dishes, 1 candelabra, 5 books, and 3 bars of soap. 


The chair on the left was our most expensive piece... $20. The one on the right came from the auction and needs A LOT of work! But it was only $2!



The candelabra is for Halloween, and the big white pitcher is mine.. I love it. I have decided I collect pitchers. Ever since I broke the one my mom gave as a wedding gift..)



The reason for the auction. 67 pieces of Ironstone (that Mom is obsessing over) for $10.



This beauty is from 1897! Isnt she beautiful?! She came from a garage sale.



The silver pitcher in the middle is really mine. But, Im sharing with Mom. :)



The bottom book is from 1952 and titled, How To Make Your Own Groceries. Right up my alley!  (And those are soaps in the front right, "Scrub-A-Mutt" and "Hunter's Soap")


I cant wait until Mom and Ashlie visit in a few weeks so we can go junking up here one last time before I move!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget----the $56 also included the headboard! :) xo

    ReplyDelete