Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Confessions.

So. I confess. Ive been neglecting my blog. Im sorry. Truth be told, we are moving in a month to [hopefully] a bigger place, but possibly, a smaller one. Since we aren't sure, we (we...as in Blake) have decided to hold off on purchasing furniture for the moment.

This is the reason I didnt buy these awesome pieces when I was in Florida last...






They would have been a real steal. And we found these, and left them, right after Mom and I got done telling Jami the rules of junking..... the numero uno rule being, if you like it, buy it. (Unless its too expensive, then dont worry, you will most definitely find something else.) And these two pieces were definitely not too expensive, and yet, we still didnt buy them..... We even went back a few hours later, but of course, they were gone.




In the meantime, while Im not working on anything too exciting, I have decided to post about our food. If you know us (especially me) very well, you will know that we have become very weary of what we eat. We are doing our best to eat healthy every night, but more importantly, make things from scratch. It was no easy conversion at first, but we are trucking right along, and are heading in the right direction. We try to limit our intake of red meat, and try to rarely eat out.

While we were in Raleigh over the weekend, we stopped at Trader Joe's. I had read about it on a few blogs, and someone at work recommended we stop there... And oh my, it lived up to every expectation and then some. It was AMAZING. Basically, it is very high quality products at affordable prices. Most things are under their own brand, and I can guarantee you wont find anything that says "Kraft", or "high fructose corn syrup".

We dont eat sweets too often, but lately, I have been in the mood for sugar cookies. So, instead of buying them in the grocery store, Im going to make them. From scratch. Even the icing. Ill try to post some pics up later... hopefully they will turn out beautiful! (and tasty!) Even though we are technically eating "junk food", at least I can name every ingredient in it, and not one of them is hard to read or pronounce! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great finds, I wonder who snagged those. I still haven't learned that whenever I have second thoughts it's best to just take the thing anyway because I ALWAYS regret when someone else grabs it!

    ReplyDelete