Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Junking Journal & link party

 Today I have dropped Copper off at the vet to get her teeth shiney (and a itty bitty mass removed), and then junked the rest of the morning! Now, Im back home and about to start on that hideous head/foot board I purchased on Monday from Goodwill. Blake is really hoping this project will be a quick one day-er. ha. We shall see. :)

Heres a couple of things I spotted today that were neat. I didnt really buy any of it though.




 Recently, my mom redecorated her living room, painted the walls a pretty charcoaly-blue and hung an eclectic mix of stuff on the wall (like she had seen in Pottery Barn).... I thought these horns would be perfect! They are so cool!




This masculine chair is similar to the one I "junked" from my mom; only, mine is cooler. :)




This is the one item I did purchase; sort of a trade to my mom for the desk chair! Its Ironstone and I know nothing about it except for the fact that my mom has started obsessing over it.




I love this old white church pew! Ive seen several in the junk store recently..... Wish I had a spot for it!

 So, I have this pitiful story to share. When we first moved here to NC we had recently gotten married and wanted to show off the china & crystal we received as gifts. I wanted my little apartment to be all set up, nice and pretty. My wonderful Mother-in-law had flown all the way from Texas to help us move, and she wanted to help us find a small china cabinet before she left. Blake had lived here for 8 months, so, silly us, we trusted him to show us to some second hand furniture stores.... Only, he didnt really take us to any.

We had a budget of $150 for the piece, and found very little (re: one piece.) that fit that criteria. It was in the back of some store and in its previous life had been a side cabinet to an entertainment center. It really is cute, but, the sad part is now that I am an officially junker, Im so upset to know I spent that much money when I could have had something like these... for way less... Check them out!


Dark brown is definitely not our style, but imagine...painted white... updated pulls and handles... roughed up on the edges a little.....gorgeous!!! Its easily 3 times the small cabinet Im currently using, and it was only $95. I absolutely loved the glass panes, but it made it impossible to see through.




I love this piece. Love. Love. Love. I have been eye balling it for about 6 months. Its also $95, and not nearly as overwhelming in size as the other. I just love the retro feel..... love.love.love. It needs a little TLC, but nothing I couldnt provide. I didn't buy this one because I knew how long it had been sitting (begging for me to take her and make her whole again). When I asked the clerk if they were willing to do ANY less she said they worked on consignment, and had no control over the price and to just check back. I even told her I knew how long it had been there!! Oh well, it wasnt meant to be. Not today anyway. (I also knew my husband would have had a fit... hehe, oh well.)


Check out some of these awesome blogs I have linked up to!

Primitve & Propper (she doesnt have a button yet, but she has some neat stuff !!)





No comments:

Post a Comment