Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Todays Treasures

Well. we have had a very eventful weekend! Eventually, we will relocate to Raleigh, NC, so we thought we would go check it out this weekend! We met up with some new found friends who gave us the grand  tour. Among our stops was the NC Farmers Market (which was down right amazing) and the NCSU Flea Market (which was also pretty awesome). Imagine your local farm stand (or at least any local one I have ever been to) and multiply it by 150, and that is the NC Farmers Market. It was almost overwhelming. And, do the same for the flea market. It just went on and on and on. As soon as I thought we had seen it all, we would turn a corner and there be another 50 booths!! My one token was this sweet little pitcher.




Now, I know you think its ugly, its ok, you dont have to pretend to like it for me. But, my great grandmother, who we all loved very dearly, had a set of mugs made by this same potter. Every time I am home at my Moms I drink my morning coffee from these mugs, and its simply a small nod in remembrance to our Memaw. Anytime Im out and about, Im always checking the bottoms of similar items to see if they are the same, or impostures.  If they are the same maker, they usually are a short squaty mug (unlike ours), or a bowl, but never a mug like this one!



I found this puke green headboard/ footboard at the Goodwill for a reasonable price. Its in pretty good shape too, it will just need a good painting, for sure! They also had the vanity that went with it, and I hated not buying that too, but they wanted way more than it was worth, considering it is puke green. Ill stop back by on Wednesday, just in case they marked it down. :)




Check this out!!! I was so stoked to find it!! I have been wanting a sewing machine for some time, but just couldnt stand their $150 price tag for a basic one, new! I found this little guy at Salvation  Army for $6! I just couldnt turn it down! I knew Singer was a good name, but this line is the "genie" and with the psychedelic flowers, I wasnt sure. I called my lifeline (aka Mom) who did a quick google search and found someone else who had previously purchased one for $20 really enjoyed it. My concern was, the clerk didnt know whether it worked or not.. (which is why I got it so cheap). I took the gamble anyway, and won! Now I just have to figure out how to make some adjustments to the tension of the foot, and Im golden!


Believe it or not, I junked all the way to Florida today! My mom had picked up this cutie at an estate sale, and just about sold it on craigslist today, but then decided I may like it. And oh boy I do! I cant wait to go visit so I can pick it up.




The bottom is my fave... what color should I paint it? Teal, probably. :)


2 comments:

  1. I got all choked up reading about Mamaw...great job on the post...too funny about the desk chair!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have that sewing machine, it works great! Just don't leave on the floor if your basement floods:(

    ReplyDelete