Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quick Fixes

Heres a few examples of some quick projects I completed recently.




I picked this up last week when Kelly and I went impulse junking after work one afternoon. I know its hard to see the fabric, but its a dingy tan and the pattern is circa 1980. When I flipped the chair over, it had some school markings, and the fabric is definitely reminiscent of a school waiting area (20 years ago).






I simply recovered the existing pieces (I didnt even remove the old fabric) with canvas drop cloths from Lowe's that I had bleached. I loved the worn stain on the arms, and really didnt want to tackle stripping that off of all those rounds surfaces, so I had to choose a fabric that would coordinate. It doesnt show in the photo, but the stain is actually pretty red.

No sewing necessary here. All I did was staple the bottom seat, and hot glued the back of the top!




Mom and I found this a few months ago when she was up for my birthday. I loved the screen printed quality, and of course, the subject matter, we just couldnt resist it! The only problem was the blaring red sun that just wasnt going with the other colors.




Look how much better it looks!! Its amazing how that simply fix switched the focus to the appropriate subject (sailboats) rather than the giant sun. And, you can actually notice the bird now! This is hanging on the entry wall, currently. Its patiently waiting its new buffet whose paint is drying as we speak!

1 comment: