Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

This is where it all started...



This is where it all started. My beloved desk. I found her at the local Goodwill a few months back for $13. I just couldn't turn it down, it was love at first sight! My husband, Blake, was shocked and amazed when I called to tell him he would have to make a pit stop after work to pick it up for me. She was in pretty rough shape, cosmetically speaking. You can see the two- toned paint job, the hardware had tarnished and turned yellow, and sticky labels appeared to have been there for years. Based on her remaining contents, I think her former life was as a school teachers.




I knew immediately what color I wanted to paint her. After purchasing a color that was just too neon, I swapped it out for this perfect shade of teal. Some light sanding, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, and some finishing wax was all it took for her to shine.



This is the perfect spot for blogging and reading other blogs.. Im in love. xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm so glad you found her and made her pretty again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a save! Gorgeous color, great hardware :) I love to see a piece's true potential brought back to life.

    Visiting from SNS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- i love it! i love the color and i actually really like the pulls, too! it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete